Tuesday, Nov 21st

Last update12:04:30 PM

History

  • PDF

A Brief Introduction of UDRU

Established on November 1, 1923, the original "Teacher Training School in Agriculture Udon Thani" offered a two-year certificate program to people from various provinces. In 1930, the name was officially changed to "Teacher Training School” (initially for men later including women), offering a two-year certificate program in general subjects. In 1958, it was renamed "Udon Thani Teachers' Training School" and was up-graded in status to "Udon Thani Teachers' College" on February 29, 1960.

udru now 01 Based on the Teachers' College Act of 1975, Udon Thani Teachers' College came under the authority of the Ministry of Education and was allowed to offer bachelor degree programs in various fields. Because of the diversity of its programs of study and to improve understanding of its various roles and functions, His Majesty King Bhumibhol Adulyadej graciously bestowed the new, prestigious name "Rajabhat Institute" (Rajabhat means the people of the King) upon Teachers' Colleges nationwide, together with his personal royal seal as the university emblem on February 14, 1992. Since then, staff representing Rajabhat Institute Udon Thani, have contributed their collective efforts to further develop the institute to enable it to become a true higher educational institution for community development offering Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degrees to the general public.

In 2003, a remarkable change occurred when the Rajabhat University Act was passed and officially approved. Since June 15, 2004, Udon Thani Rajabhat Institute has accordingly assumed legal university status, having adopted the new name "Udon Thani Rajabhat University" (UDRU), under the authority of the Commission on Higher Education.

red palace

You are here: About Us History